Monday, March 2, 2015

Beans and rice....

New Address!!

105 Franklin Ave Apt 2, Chelsea, Ma, 02150



Man. Where do I begin?
This has been the craziest week of my mission.

Transfers
I was transferred from Martha's Vineyard to Revere, Massachusetts!
To a SPANISH WARD!!!!!! I have never worked with a Spanish Ward. Only groups! So this is huge! Haha. There's a total of about 500 members... only about 110 are active.
We got a lot of work to do.


THE BRO ZONE
So I am now in the Cambridge North Zone, which was called the BroZone. There were only Elders in this zone but not anymore!!!! Sister Riggs and I are here!
There's about 20 Elders and 2 sisters. And it is so much fun!!! And they are really supportive! They are always asking us if we need help and when they can they pick us up because we are lost... I love them all so much!

Shot gunning.

So we always say
"I am shot gunning [Revere Spanish]"
That means that both myself and my new companion are replacing the two missionaries that were in the area. In our case, Revere 1st had two Elders. One Elder went home and the other was transferred to another area.
Sister Riggs and I both came and shot gunned Revere!
And boy it has been an adventure!
The missionaries before us didn't leave any notes, maps, schedules, etc.
Sister Riggs and I don't know where to go. To say it nicely, the Elders didn't do anything here, hence we are technically opening a new area.
BOOYAHH.

The Elders APARTMENT......
was a complete mess.
I don't even want to get started...
It took us 2 days to clean it.
TWO DAYS.



People, opening an new area is super hard! And especially when you don't have a car. Sister Riggs and I don't know where to go or how to get to places and it is really overwhelming. But you know what? Since when has missionary work been easy?
Yeah I might cry myself to sleep since I got here because I just don't know how I am going to get to all the less actives homes. I don't know how to get to places, I don't know where streets are, I don't know anything. But I will succeed because the Lord knows everything. He know where His people live. He knows their needs. And He will guide me to them. He has told me that everything is going to be alright and I trust Him. I have never felt the Lord's love and guidance more than I have ever felt it since I got to Revere. And maybe because in other areas I had a car or at least a companion who was there longer. But here we are alone. And it is okay. How else am I suppose to grow? There is no growth in comfort zones.
The Lord is with me and He is with all of you, as long as you let him in!
I love you all! Sorry there isn't much to say!
But I do have a lot of pictures!!!!!!! :D




Love you all!

Sister Flores

No comments:

Post a Comment