Monday, February 23, 2015

3 hours later..



[ Elder Concalves, Elder Jones, Sister Miller and I @ the temple!! ]

Man, this week has just flown by! 

Thursday was awesome! We met with Cynthia again and we taught her the Restoration. We used 4 different object lessons throughout the whole lesson. It was AWESOME. Sister Miller and I work and teach so well together. The lesson was really powerful, and Cynthia thoroughly enjoyed it. She told us that we had given her "food for thought", she then said she wanted to continue to take lessons from us. She is such a sweet heart. 
Then we went and packed our bags so we could catch the ferry to come off island for district meeting, Transfer texts, and for Sister Miller's convert's temple trip.

Saturday was the BEST DAY EVER. We went to the temple so that Danny (Sister Miller's Convert)  could receive his endowment! The Hovey's (Sister Miller's mission family) picked us up from the Cape Cod sister's house, and then we went and picked up Danny! The drive up to the temple. Sister Hovey showed us how to do indexing. It was neat, I'm definitely going to be doing that in my spare time. 
When we got to the temple, it was like being in heaven! Isn't it always?? There were so many people to talk to and hug!  It was glorious! Seeing Danny in the temple was definitely a highlight of Sister Miller's mission, which means it was a highlight in mine (because we have Zion <3 ). Its the best. Danny looked so happy! We were also able to see a family be sealed. It was so sweet, because their daughter, who just came back to church (She was less active)  was able to be sealed to them. It was such a glorious day! Then we all went out to eat, before heading home. The gospel is so true!
Brother Olivera called me Sunday morning when we got off the ferry.... He wanted me to give a talk... Church was in 50 minutes.
But it was great! Sister Miller gave such an amazing talk. I bawled through her talk, and the branch was bawling with me. It was all about the Holy Ghost's role as the comforter. This was my favorite part from my talk: "One of the last things Christ said to His disciples during His earthly ministry in Jerusalem was “I will not leave you comfortless. … But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” (John 14.) We are able to continue to feel this peace, even during times of trial and trouble, through the Holy Ghost.
Elder James E Faust said, "The comforting Spirit of the Holy Ghost can abide with us twenty-four hours a day: when we work, when we play, when we rest. Its strengthening influence can be with us year in and year out. That sustaining influence can be with us in joy and sorrow, when we rejoice as well as when we grieve.
I believe the Spirit of the Holy Ghost is the greatest guarantor of inward peace in our unstable world. It can be more mind-expanding and can make us have a better sense of well-being than any chemical or other earthly substance. It will calm nerves; it will breathe peace to our souls. This Comforter can be with us as we seek to improve. It can function as a source of revelation to warn us of impending danger and also help keep us from making mistakes. It can enhance our natural senses so that we can see more clearly, hear more keenly, and remember what we should remember. It is a way of maximizing our happiness.

The Spirit—the Holy Ghost—will help us work out our insecurities. For instance, it can help us learn to forgive. There comes a time when people must move on, seeking greater things rather than being consumed by the memory of some hurt or injustice. Dwelling constantly on past injuries is, by its nature, limiting to the Spirit. It does not promote peace."

I am getting transferred!!!!!
I am going back to the Spanish Program and I am super sad! Sister Miller is my best friend!!!! And she is going home in 6 weeks!! :(
But I am going to Revere 2nd. It is a spanish ward!!!!!!! My first time serving in a ward and I am so excited!! I hope it is where I finish my mission. I only have 3 transfers left.

I love you all.

sorry this email is lame.

Sister Flores
182 W Central St Ste 203, Natick, MA, 01760

I'll send my new address next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment