Tuesday, April 28, 2015

This email was from Easter.



Happy Easter!!

As you can tell I am really happy and excited and just full of gratefulness.

This coming weekend we have General Conference! We are hearing our Living Prophet!!! So excited! Prepare for revelation!!! :D

<3

This week was just everywhere! & quite frankly I don't know where to start.. 
So I am sorry if this email is just everywhere! 

The Cambridge North Zone is just on fire! Every Friday we have district meetings, but our zone has district meetings in the same chapel, so we basically have a zone meeting every Friday. But a month ago we decided to act in faith. We set a goal to find 70 new investigators by the end of March. Our zone has 10 companionship's, so it's about 10 investigators a companionship. As of right now we have 64 new investigators and we have two days left!!! Please pray for us!! 

This week has also been a week full of love!
I love my companion!!! 





Sister Riggs is just an amazing, kindhearted person! I can not even begin to describe how much I love her! 

Our investigators

Alberto & Elena
:( 
So we haven't seen them in about two weeks! They don't answer our calls or our texts. We have stopped by their home and leave little love notes telling them that we miss them but so far nothing. Opposition stinks!!!!! But we just simply miss them because they are awesome people! 

Sonia
Sonia is Christian's mom, and Christian is a member. Sonia is someone that has been investigating the church forever. "Eternagator" Haha. She is ready for the gospel but she never keeps the commitments we give her. So she isn't progressing. And it is really sad. But I still love her and she has told us that she wants to get baptized she just wants a testimony of the Book of Mormon. So we read the Book of Mormon with her.

Natividad
She is from the D.R. and is really sweet. The same as Sonia. She has practically grown in the church but has never gotten baptized. Her son had a spiritual experience when missionaries were over and it was such a sweet memory to her but we are kind of stuck with her... We don't know how to help her grow, of course we are doing everything that we can.. I guess the ball is in her field now.

Delmis
Delmis is our new investigator! She is a former but she doesn't remember anything. She has the cutest kid, Thomas. He is really hyper and funny. She has such a sweet spirit. And we only been with her once but we are seeing her this week! 

Margarita, Marvin, Johnny Gomez
They became our new investigators as of last night!!! Johnny is 10 and he had a baptismal date months ago! His parents are super prepared. Mom's family are all members! And she knows a lot about our Prophet. Let me tell you something! They love prophets!! And they understand why we have them and why no one had God's authority. They are amazing! 

Melendez family
They are from the D.R. and are really funny and outgoing!!! Haha! We are seeing them this week! They understood and know about God's authority. I really hope they continue learning and see how the Gospel truly blesses family!

Rosalda
Wow. I love her! Her daughter was baptized in the Church when she was 9. But her parents aren't members of the church. Rosalda really wants to know if the church is true and she has the most sincere and earnest prayers. We are seeing her and the rest of the family this Tuesday.

 

We are also working with less actives and on of them was Jorge.
Jorge has had trouble with members and missionaries before. So when members would tell us to be careful we were like "uhh okay" but we met with him and he was really nice and seemed like he was ready to change. Sister Riggs and I would always testify to him and tell him to have Christ in his life and he said "I will sisters I will" but he went through some other things. So last week we met with him and he began to tell us how God is racist and then went on to talk about the curse God placed upon the Lamanites and that they shall have a dark skin. I mean he went on for about an hour to which we patiently sat there and just listened and tried to say something to which he would say "I'm talking."
My feeling were hurt. He offended us in every way possible. And I told him that. Sister Riggs was just getting angry and I was about to cry. But I told him to stop. And he got offended and left. I cried. Then later that night in the apartment I yelled "I'm brown!!!!! Was he saying God hates me? CAUSE He DOESN'T"


Everyone, I love you. And I miss you all. I know some of you are just a couple hours away but some of you are really far. Argentina, California, Utah.
I can't believe I have 3 months left. 
This is it. 
I need to work as hard as ever before. 
To be an obedient as never before.

Funny story. We were at the train station. We were playing patty-cake. I have lost some weight in the fingers.. My ring fell off and we saw it bounce down to the tracks.. Now it is illegal to go down to the tracks but guess what Sister Riggs did... She went down to which we were yelled at and she got back up. We had to wait for an official person to come and get it.. He was like "I never had to come to get a ring. How did it come off and fall down to the tracts. What were you girls doing?" To which my dumb brain responded "We were playing with each other's hand..." Great now I got a person out there thinking I am a lesbian & after that we told him we are Mormons... GREAT. Right?
But then he was like "Congrats on the weight loss!" 

Funniest. Weirdest. Day. Ever.


I love you all.


Always remember that the Lord is calling us! He loves us! 
Please let Him in.

Happy Easter all!!

Sister Flores​

No comments:

Post a Comment