Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Sister Flores' email from two weeks ago on Monday

OH BOY.

What did I get myself into now?



I've never had a crazier week than this. 

Two weeks ago at interviews

me: "President am I getting transferred this transfer?"
President Packard: "No you are not. You will stay in New Haven probably one more."
me: "with Sister Rowley?"
President: "Yes!" 

the following week:
Sister Flores you are going to Martha's Vineyard! 



Transfer texts came in and I was going to Martha's Vineyard. English Speaking. I was pretty excited but really sad. I felt like I was being taken away from my culture. But I knew that there was a reason why and I was excited to be with Sister Carvalho. She's crazy. I'm crazy. We're great. Haha. Saying goodbye to people was so weird. The first time I was ever transferred was from Worcester to New Haven and I was emergency transferred so I didn't get the chance to ever say goodbye to people I served with till last week. And boy it was weird. I didn't like it at all. I never felt the way I did before. 

Transfer meeting.

Well it was transfer meeting. Sister Barney gave her farewell testimony and Marie and I were tearing up. I can't believe I won't be there when she gives birth to my squinkler. But I am super excited and happy for her. I know it wasn't the last time I was going to be with her! 
I did not want to say goodbye to Sister Barney. Saying goodbye to your best friend is really hard. But oh well such is life.


Sister Carvalho 

she is amazing! She is from Africa and she is 19. I am a dinosaur.... It is really sad. So she had those African braids in her hair.. Guess who has them now... ME. hahah!! She is the best. We have been having too much fun! We spend about 4+ hours on the computer everyday finding and teaching people online. Man I love this chick so much! She is a good egg. (If you understand that saying, I love you) 

Martha's Vineyard

I love it! I am now a digital missionary! We teach people online via skype. I had my first lesson with Johnny on Thursday. It was different but it was pretty interesting. He is from Brazil! :D So now I have to learn Portuguese! Yay..... not really hahaha! So I kinda know why I am on an island. You see I tend to be super close to my roommates than my own companion. It's not because I didn't like my companions ( cause I love them all) but my roommates are usually the crazy ones and you know, crazy attracts to crazy. So I truly believe the Lord wants me to completely 100% depend on my companion. And I am excited to learn that lesson because I love Sister Carvalho. I have been so blessed on my mission and I am sad to say that on the 29th I have 6 months left.... I don't want to go home. Welp no time to focus on that. I'll just keep enjoying it day to day. I can't believe Christmas is around the corner! Then New Years! Time has no mercy. Everything here in Martha's Vineyard is so expensive. Dang. Milk for $5 and bread for $4. Yogurt was $8. Yeah I will forsure now lose weight because I can't afford anything! haha! Thankfully I get 5 finger discounts. hahahaha. Just kidding! I am excited for this transfer and I am excited for the time I have left on my mission. 

When I got the news that I was leaving New Haven I was excited! But the moment I hit Martha's Vineyard I started to cry. I was so sad that I was not in the spanish program. I started to freak out. I took a shower and I was bawling in the shower. I missed my roommates and my family in New Haven. I didn't know I was going to make it. But then my mom called. And I told her what the heck is going on and that I was feeling depressed. I'll tell you all why I was feeling depressed. 

You see Sister Barney and I were glued together. We slept together, worked out together, we did everything together. We were both super open with each other. She was my confidant and I was hers. When she struggled with certain trials I was there to help her and to go through these trials with her. We were always both tempted to do things which we didn't want to do. But Satan knew how much we wanted to just have fun and be free. 

When I told my mom what was going on all she told me to do is pray and to sing. I wasn't praying as much as I used to. It was hard for me to get on my knees again but I knew that I had to get back to where I was. As I was crying I decided to sing. And I can tell you all how singing is truly a prayer to the Lord. I know He heard my voice and I am getting better. I have an amazing companion that listens to me blab on about the littlest things. I was happy to leave New Haven because I was truly stressed out there. I was going through a lot of personal issues. As I took the ferry to Martha's Vineyard I was relieved to start over. But our demons don't let us alone. 

So again my loved ones, I have a strong testimony of the Atonement. It isn't just for people that make mistake but it applies to us who want to be better. I am so much more happier now and I love myself. I am grateful for my trials because they are preparing me to be the daughter of God I am meant to be. 


I love you all.

I truly do pray for you.
I can't wait to see you.
I can't wait to share what I have learned.


Sending you lots of hugs and kisses!


"This is not what about you have done but what's been done for you. This is not where you have been but where your brokenness has brought you to. This is not about how you feel but what He felt to forgive you, and He felt to make you feel loved."
- Tenth Avenue North

Sister Flores

literally now it's sister instead of hermana :( hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment