Monday, December 29, 2014

The Church is true people!

I have been on my mission for 11 months today.
Time has no mercy. Seriously.


"1. Fill your mind with truth
2. Fill your live with service
3. Fill your heart with love"
- President Thomas S Monson


 Christmas was really good this year. I have found new family here in Martha's Vineyard. The members are amazing, loving people. They are so selfless and giving!! 
I didn't get to skype my family, but I did get to talk to them! They are doing great. Ya know painting my room and boxing up all my junk... hahaha

Our mission goal to get one hundred recent converts in to the Temple this month with their own family names is going really, really well! We have had 96 people already go and about 20 more planned to go tomorrow! The Lord is really blessing us with miracles. 

Miracles are a real thing. They do happen and they happen everywhere. There is this talk called Free the Birdies by Lloyd Glenn and in the talk there is a little boy that teaches an amazing lesson. He is three years old and he says, "They can't see because they look with their eyes and they can't hear because they listen with their ears." I believe that if we can't see miracles happening it's because we are looking for them 'with our eyes'. Or we are looking for them in the wrong ways. 
The Church is true. And remember, truth is truth, no matter who you are. 

“Greatness is best measured by how well an individual responds to the happenings in life that appear totally unfair, unreasonable, and undeserved. Sometimes we are inclined to put up with a situation rather than endure. To endure is to bear up under, to stand firm against, to suffer without yielding, to continue to be, or to exhibit the state or power of lasting.” Elder Marvin J. Ashton

Looking back on 2014 I can see the 180 degree change that I have made. I have sacrificed most of the things that were holding back. Are there things still to sacrifice? OF COURSE. Am I willing to sacrifice those things? YES. 2014 was amazing and I know that 2015 will be better. Like Elder Holland said "70 will be the new minimum," therefore everything that has happened thus far is the minimum of what can happen if I give it more. I am giving up everything that makes me, ME, all for the Lord. He deserves more than what I have given. I love the Lord. He is my friend, my best friend. I am excited for 2015 and I welcome it with love, happiness, excitement, and every possible positive feeling I have.

“When I left on my mission, faith was just the first principle of the gospel. Now I need it more than air."



TALK TO YOU ALL NEXT YEAR!


Love always
Sister Flores

No comments:

Post a Comment